HWCIA Scholarship Fund
The Hawaii Wall & Ceiling Industry Association Scholarship Fund
The Hawaii Wall & Ceiling Industry Association Scholarship Fund was established in 2003 to provide educational assistance to members of the HWCIA and/or their dependents who are entering either a two or four year college.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be received by May 31st of each year. Scholarship recipients will be selected in June.
- Applicant must be a member, or dependent of a member, of the Hawaii Wall & Ceiling Industry Association as well as members of the Carpenter’s, Taper’s or Plasterers Unions.
- Member must be in good standing with the association, trust funds and the unions
- If selected, proof of registration at a qualified educational institute must be presented.
- Applicant must be post high school and planning on obtaining a degree from either a two or four year college.
- Scholastic Achievement – Most recent transcript must accompany application. A GPA of no less than 2.0 is required.
- Leadership and/or Community Service – Participation in Extracurricular activities in school such as sports, student government and school sponsored organizations. Participation in community service projects.
- A one page essay describing your future goals.
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a teacher or counselor and another from an employer, minister or community leader who is not related to you.
The completed application form located here must be legible and submitted with the required documents and letters by May 31, 2023. If you have any questions you may call 839-6517.